Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Scrapbook Page Ideas - My First...

Scrapbook page ideas is what I'm looking for, but first....
After looking at samples of scrapbooks online, I can tell the the days of just putting pictures on a black page are gone. Scrapbooking is a lot more creative these days. A variety of colored backgrounds, paper upon paper, textured look, embellishments, as they are called, are used on scrapbooking pages.

There's a main reason for scrapbooking and that is for keeping memories that takes you back in time. It is lots of fun creating precious moment pages that preserve your past. The photo, journal entry, caption, and note captures that moment.

Developing scrapbook page ideas can be frustrating because it is difficult to create an idea. It might become easier once I find my style. So what are my personal taste in designing my scrapbook page? Knowing this will help make my scrapbook layout work for me.<

So I ask myself, "How am I going to do it?" And the answer...by looking at others' scrapbook layouts. I can get scrapbook page ideas from observing online examples or scrapbooking magazines. From that I can get a general idea of my style. When I find examples that I like I can do something similar on my scrapbook pages or pull concepts to mode into my own original idea.

Another way to find my style is to make a mood board. By putting my selection of fabric swatches, a variety of colored backgrounds, and embellishments on a mood board, I will get an impression on how my concept will look. When I find a look that I like, then I'll get the idea of the layout that I will design for my page.

I'll select accent colors taken from my photo to make the page appealing to the eye. It will make the picture stand out. By using the mood board I can experiment on different hue combinations to find which accents I like on the scrapbook page.

Upon searching websites, I found this website that I thought might interest you in getting more scrapbook page ideas.


This article has provided scrapbook page ideas to help my visitors of my blog and myself with creating scrapbook pages.

No comments: